Delta shower unit -- need to increase hot water te

firozhirji

Plumber just installed a delta shower/tub unit (dryden series) . Hot water temp is not hot enough -120F compared to 130F - 140F at other faucets. The shower unit has a temp and volume control lever. Temp control has a lever and can be set after remove the lever to the highest set. This is still not adequate to give the desired hot water temp. Any thoughts on how to increase water temp?

Plumber just installed a delta shower/tub unit(dryden series) . Hot water temp is not hot enough -120F compared to 130F - 140F at other faucets. The shower unit has a temp and volume control lever. Temp control has a lever and can be set after remove the lever to the highest set. This is still not adequete to give the desiered hot water temp. Any thoughts on how to increase water temp?

It might have a factory setting that will not allow it to go any higher. I don't know for sure on your particular faucet, but if you have the spec sheet for the faucet it should tell you.

Anything higher than 125f can cause burns pretty quick on unprotected skin, children and the elderly are especially susceptible.

Yeah,

125°F can cause 3rd degree burns in less than 3 seconds. Inspectors, please don't help this person figure out how to increase that water temperature; he/she's already got it too hot in the rest of the house.

firozhirji - This is an inspectors forum. We aren't plumbers. Please take your question to a plumber's forum or, better yet, forget the idea altogether because water temps that hot are simply not safe.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Plumber just installed a delta shower/tub unit (dryden series) . Hot water temp is not hot enough -120F compared to 130F - 140F at other faucets. The shower unit has a temp and volume control lever. Temp control has a lever and can be set after remove the lever to the highest set. This is still not adequate to give the desired hot water temp. Any thoughts on how to increase water temp?

It's supposed to be like that. Why would you need more than 120 degrees at a shower?

- Jim Katen, Oregon

OK, I'll confess......I've had my hot water heater set at max since I installed it. I like hot, especially for the kitchen. I was being a good soldier with my "plumber shoulda toned down the heat" caveat.

I preach safety on the job.........not so much in my house.