Courting the Masses Behind the Red Curtain

You all might have seen something in the news the last few days about how the Chinese market has just surpassed all others in terms of auto sales and how American manufacturers are designing many models around Chinese tastes.

I have never - not even once - ever considered Cadillac a performance sports car but Cadillac is touting a performance sports image in China, as the following Cadillac television commercial for Shanghai's V-Day will demonstrate. I have to give them credit, these folks are awsome drivers.

[utube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbuDRA4zNbw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344">

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Cadillac isn't just an old geezer marque anymore. The CTS V series IS a Bad A** car. A legit BMW competitor. (And I'm not a big GM fan in general.)

IMHO, they should sell their sportier lines at a different dealership to rid themselves of the bluehair stigma that the Cadillac brand carries.

Unfortunately, they kinda waited too long before introducing a serious luxo/performance car on the market.