panel comments

Phillip

Well first I'd have to comment how purdy the pink and blue wires are, then I'd tell them to get an electrician to pull the whole mess apart and start over, this time using clamps or bushings on those wires. They also need a proper grounding electrode, that brown wire looks a bit small. Lastly, I'd advise them to ask the seller what else he wired himself so they could have that fixed too.

How'd I do?

Tom

What would you tell your client about this panel.

It is the main panel in a detached garage. The meter is behind it on the exterior wall.. . .

I'd suggest that he have the panel rewired by an electrician who's not color blind and who's IQ isn't on the left side of the bell curve.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

I'd suggest that he have the panel rewired by an electrician who's not color blind and who's IQ isn't on the left side of the bell curve.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

"IQ on the left side of the bell curve"...that's classic.

Jim, I feel compelled to start using that phrase without crediting you since you published it in a public forum. Unfortunately, those who ARE on the left side of the curve won't understand the significance.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

"IQ on the left side of the bell curve"...that's classic.

Jim, I feel compelled to start using that phrase without crediting you since you published it in a public forum. Unfortunately, those who ARE on the left side of the curve won't understand the significance.

Go for it. But don't make a fool of yourself as I did by using "who's" instead of "whose."

How embarassing.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

I told them about the wires being the wrong color for the wiring of the garage, along with the missing clamps and other item that where problem with the electrical in the garage.

Told them that a electrician need to come and repair things properly.

I just wanted to see what you would say about the wiring.

What would you tell your client about this panel?

I would call it amateur workmanship. And I'd say there are many missing cable clamps.

I'd say the multi-colored neutrals are incorrect. - Repair

But don't ask me how, I must have a left-handed IQ. [:)]

Would you put white paint on all the neutral connections? That's crazy!