And you wonder why . . .

. . . the realtors dare not speaketh your name.

This quote is from the front page of today's New York Times. You can read the whole article--which promotes us rather nicely--on their web-site.

“We see buyers who must have learned their moves from the World Wrestling Federation,â€

. . . the realtors dare not speaketh your name.

This quote is from the front page of today's New York Times. You can read the whole article--which promotes us rather nicely--on their web-site.

“We see buyers who must have learned their moves from the World Wrestling Federation,â€

It is also unreasonable sellers that are hindering sales. Some people still think they are in a 2006 real estate market.

Yesterday I got a call from a real estate agent that is upset with the seller of a house. She is one of the most honest agents I know and she does not play the games of deceit to close a deal.

I inspected a house that she sold and there were a few minor things but there is a Federal Pacific Panel and the buyers have asked for a credit for panel replacement. The seller has refused and the deal is about to fall apart.

Here is the crazy part. The seller lives out west and recently found out that he inherited the house from his Aunt and Uncle that passed away and did not have children. The $700,000 selling price is a complete surprise and he is willing to lose the deal over a $1500 credit. The monthly taxes are over $1000 and the buyer is willing to close on July 1st.

I do not get involved with the seller and buyer negotiations. The real estate agent was frustrated and just wanted to vent and she knows I will listen.

I see and hear this general story a lot nowadays. I read the article with interest.

What's interesting is there's a very obvious undertone to all the discussion that somehow it's "not fair" that buyers are now empowered to ask for stuff. Sellers are "upset" that someone is simply trying to get a good deal.

I think some of this is the beginning of the end for how biz has been done for a lot of years. The real estate industry has always been about selling, not buying. Now that they have to consider something other than their own venality, they don't know what to do about it.

When I picked-up a radon last week, the realtor started to bitch at me because the buyer handed the seller my 3 page summary and asked for EVERYTHING to be addressed with the understanding more may be coming after I inspect the crawlspace when the asbestos has been removed.

Oh well...

What amazes me...a $700,000 home with only $12,000 annual tax!! We sure aren't in New York .LOL

I am not sure of the actual taxes but my point was that the carrying costs of holding the house for the extra time required while a new buyer goes through the purchasing process will be the same or more than the credit for a new electric panel.