Sleepy Little TIJ Keeps Bop, Bop, Boppin Along

hausdok

Just did a search to see how many separate individual threads had activity of some sort over the past 60 days. Unless I miscounted it was 374 separate threads - not bad for a place that, according to some folks is only visited by a half dozen people at most. [:-party]

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

I wonder what percentage of all posts submitted over the last 60 days were by members that are listed on the first page of the membership list (when arranged in descending order of total # of posts). Is there a way to figure that percentage?

Marc

I wonder what percentage of all posts submitted over the last 60 days were by members that are listed on the first page of the membership list (when arranged in descending order of total # of posts). Is there a way to figure that percentage?

Marc

That won't provide you any valuable information. There is no question that the majority of posts are made by those listed on that first page. The software is set up to display names in order that way.

What you don't see that I see is that there are typically six or seven folks lurking who aren't members or aren't signed in for every signed in member. Between 4 and 10 new persons sign onto TIJ as members every day. Once they get access to the content in the archives that being a member allows, they are constantly back here reading content. They dig up older posts, post a comment or question and then the discussions sometimes gear up again.

The point is that TIJ is fulfilling its mission as a good source for credible technical information and as a place where all inspectors can interact with one another without the constant inspection-irrelevant posts about politics, religion, inter-organizational chest thumping and megalomaniacal braggarts boasting about plans to dominate the entire profession.

TIJ is not me, Mike B. or Rose; it's you guys, the members. It always has been and it always will be. It is what you all have put into it over the last 8 years and it is nothing without your belief in and support of the original concept. As long as you all continue to keep this place one of the the most civil, technically relevant and helpful places in the home inspection community, I think we'll be here for years to come.

Thanks everyone for making this place what it is.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Damn, it's all so good and then some fool comes along and posts irrelevant crap about thunderstorms and Pink Floyd. What's this place coming too!

I don't think I'd ever looked at the membership lists before. Clicking on the 'Member Since" heading to sort by that makes me realize I've been hanging around here one hell of a long time, and enjoyed it all.

It's the lack of childish bickering (though that does rear its ugly head once in a great while) that makes me enjoy it so much.

It's not about the NUMBER of posts. There's quite a few one sentence junk posts by someone trying to build their post numbers. It's about the QUALITY of the posts.

-

"one of the the most civil, technically relevant and helpful places in the home inspection community"

Now, thats funny!!!

I think it's a valid statement on at least two counts. Yesterday's inspection had a potentially major and costly finding regarding painted stucco and this forum gave me a good sense of direction where I previously had very little. The 'civil' part, well...after almost 1,000 posts, it ain't so bad anymore.

Marc