Stucco Finishes

mgbinspect

OK, all you stucco experts out there: What is the name for this traditional stucco finish that looks like the stucco was literally spattered on. They actually used a tool that flicked it on the surface with metal tines like you'd see in an old music box. It's not pebble-dash - no pebbles. Just strait consistently spattered cement stucco.

Click to Enlarge
tn_201092132121_DSCN9267.jpg

130.04 KBfield.

Hi,

I think that you are thinking of a dash coat; however, there are about a half dozen different types of dash coats and about 30 different types of finishes for traditional 3-coat stucco. Go to this link for descriptions and photos of the various types of stucco finishes.

http://www.tsib.org/plastertextures.shtml#lightdash

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Hi,

I think that you are thinking of a dash coat; however, there are about a half dozen different types of dash coats and about 30 different types of finishes for traditional 3-coat stucco. Go to this link for descriptions and photos of the various types of stucco finishes.

http://www.tsib.org/plastertextures.shtml#lightdash

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Perfect! That's precisely what I needed and will save it to my link library.

Thanks Mike.

PS. Around here, there is a pebble-dash, which is quite popular - gaudy I think. It has little river rocks ranging in size between large peas to marbles.

It has little river xxxxx ranging in size between large peas to marbles.

Little WHATS!!!!

-

Don't get me started. Between typing with two thumbs, and a phone that wants to anticipate and insert what you were about to type, you can't win. It may be time to turn off the smart-spell feature. That's not to suggest that I can spell, because I struggle with spelling. But, sometimes when I see what ended up on the screen, it's pretty clear that smart spell got me again. I've actually watched it change a word right before my eyes.

I sure wish you had caught that one earlier.

• 1 year later...

that texture is done in several ways depending how large u want the popcorn the size depends on the bristle or brush Wat you do is dip it the stucco base then lightly jab your wrist to get that popcorn finish its easy once you get the technique this is a custom one that is there many ways to texture stucco some ugly some luxurious

i cant post a link due to terms other wise i would