Slidin'

mgbinspect

Alright little brother Ben,

This is your official notice. I'm down six pounds in six days (206 to 200), and headed for 187, by snowboarding season, thanks to Mr. Adkins (may he rest I peace). Conditioning is next.

Get ready...

[:-gnasher

200? Every one of my 253 pounds hates your guts.

ONE ECLAIR - ONE BITE!!!

Mike

195 used to be my freak-out point back in my bricklaying days. Of course I looked like a body builder back then too, which is depressing. But, I turn 58 in ten days, and it's time to get skinny. As I've declared for year, Ilm shooting fo 120 years old. Why not? I get a cold about every five years. I've only he'd the flu twice. I just don't get sick. I haven't seen a hospital since I got my tonsis removed at age twelve. No aches no pains - NONE. At my age, that's a miracle and a blessing. So, I'm goin' for it.

We need to put together an East Coast Appalachian Mountain Snow Sport get together. I suppose we can even permit skiers...

I'm ready man. Fixin' to break out the Dakine Super tune in a few weeks and get those edges up to par! Michelle and I were talking this week about canceling x-mas gifts and taking a ski trip instead! Somewhere in driving distance...maybe VA...hmmm.

I'll try and digging up some WV pics later and post em. I'm only on my 3rd season this year, so I still fall a lot, the 10 years of long hair and skateboarding helped though... I keep forgetting that I'm not 14 anymore, and that 10 drop hurts a bit more the next day!

Yes Tom, my wife will ski with you!

Click to Enlarge
tn_2010917162150_5.jpg

39.6 KB

She'd love to have another person to laugh to me while I fall....a lot.

Click to Enlarge
tn_2010917162310_1.jpg

47.2 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_2010917162342_2.jpg

48.64 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_2010917162444_3.jpg

45.25 KB

Here is a nice shot of one of the steeper runs at Snowshoe. I'm sure it's a bunny slope for you folks out west, but it's all we have around these parts!

Click to Enlarge
tn_2010917162531_4.jpg

43.26 KB

I quit smoking about 12 weeks ago. I'm up 18 pounds to 215. Seems that I've found a replacement habit, pass the eclairs Mike!

Snowboarders are bums. Skiers rock![:P]

Aw, Tom, What would you do without us to cuss at and fall over when we all come off the lift?

You must join us.

You've heard us skiers talking a time or two it sounds like! [:-tong2]

I suppose it's all good though, much worse things to do in the winter.

199.2 lbs and continueing to drop. The Adkins diet rocks! I lost a ton last time I did it (2001). The diet makes sense. Carbs become sugar in the body, and if it isn't burned by the end of the day, you'll wear it tomorrow. It's not a fun diet, because it means you have to say goodbye to most of the crap we like - my favorites are dark chocolate (I can mainline the stuff), and a variety of seasoned potato chips (I miss them).

Walking is next. A couple of years ago, I lost twenty-nine pounds, in about nine months, just walking forty minutes a day (about two miles).

A cardiologist who followed up on a coronary spasm I experienced last year said that I had no blockage and that running would do me good. I've been running ever since. Lately, it's been 5 days a week, about 70 minutes each, one mile walk then a 2.75 mile jog and then one more mile walking. Makes me feel like a million bucks....unless I pull something somewhere.[;)] Coming up on 56 next month.

Marc

A cardiologist who followed up on a coronary spasm I experienced last year said that I had no blockage and that running would do me good. I've been running ever since. Lately, it's been 5 days a week, about 70 minutes each, one mile walk then a 2.75 mile jog and then one more mile walking. Makes me feel like a million bucks....unless I pull something somewhere.[;)] Coming up on 56 next month.

Marc

You know, I ran about fifteen years ago and really like it, once it became a habit (bordering on an addiction), but I'm truly worried that I'll get into it at 58 and suffer a ton of protesting, if not damaged, joints. And since my joints are perfect right now, I'm really reluctant to rock the boat.

Stick with it, since it's already your habit. Kudos!