TIJ Servers/Network slow ??

Nolan Kienitz

I've been experiencing some slow response times for TIJ over the past week or so.

I've been attentive to making sure that I keep my system fresh (rebooted every so often) from the PC to the local router, etc., etc..

It may just be me, but thought I would float the question as it seems particularly slow today.

[?]

Hi,

I've asked the programmers if there is anything that can be done to ensure consistent speeds instead of the on again off again stuff we're experiencing; but it might simply boil down to a question of the provider's prioritization of assets. If we want faster more consistent speeds we might have to pay the provider more and we probably can't afford to do that without charging a subscription.

I've been toying with the idea of a subscription for years; perhaps giving one the ability to see some forums but not to answer to those or have full access without a subscription. That might provide us enough to fund improvements we'd like to make in the site and defend the site in any future legal hassles.

So, since there are lots of other free resources out there, do you users think this site is worth paying a subscription for, in order to be up there in speed with the other sites that actually have a constant stream of income coming in, or would you simply go elsewhere?

If your answer would be contingent on the cost of the subscription, tell me what you think is a fair price for a yearly subscription access for all content on TIJ.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

I'd be much more open to a voluntary contribution arrangement whereby the health of the fund and anticipated (based on recent history) donations/expenditures graphs are projected for all to see. I really like this forum, don't mind contributing at all but selling suscriptions seems contrary to it's purpose. It invokes a market feeling about the whole thing and that's certainly not why I'm a member right now.

Marc