Laminated Window Glass Question

I don't know if this will be helpful or not, but I know for a fact that when you see that happening on mirrors (laminations coming apart). It's from cleaning with chlorine based cleaners.

(I always wondered what made mirrors get all screwed up on the outer edges. Then, my youngest son surprised me by cleaning the bathroom. Twenty-four hours later my mirror was toast. He had used chlorine based tub and tile cleaner on the mirror, and that did it in. Apparently, whatever is used in the lamination process can't tolerate chlorine.)

The first one looks like solvent damage. Perhaps someone used a chemical paint stripper on the muntins?

The second one looks familiar. The same thing happened to the windshield of my 1970 F100. It was like that when I got it in '84 and it was still like that when I traded it in '01. As far as I could tell, it never changed in all that time.

The first one looks like solvent damage. Perhaps someone used a chemical paint stripper on the muntins?

The second one looks familiar. The same thing happened to the windshield of my 1970 F100. It was like that when I got it in '84 and it was still like that when I traded it in '01. As far as I could tell, it never changed in all that time.

You got kind of attached to that beast, huh Jim?

I think the word is 'mottled'.