Jump to content

Name of this detail please.


Recommended Posts

The separation with the frieze and crown, between the clapboards and the shakes. Is that considered to also be a cornice, or is there another name because of where it's located?

Around here, the regional term is "belly band," or, simply, "band trim."

If it were lower, at the level of the first floor, we'd call it the "water table."

Might be different in your area.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...