Moving to canada

Hi i am currently thinking of moving to canada. Home Inspectors here in uk have had such bad press we are rebranding ourselves as residential building surveyors,

i was just wondering is it worth the hassle of moving over to canada as a HI you lot seem to have just as bad a press as us with the current level of cowboys in the system,

Also as a HI are you also allowed to carry out energy assesments?

any information would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Neil

Hi i am currently thinking of moving to canada. Home Inspectors here in uk have had such bad press we are rebranding ourselves as residential building surveyors,

i was just wondering is it worth the hassle of moving over to canada as a HI you lot seem to have just as bad a press as us with the current level of cowboys in the system,

Also as a HI are you also allowed to carry out energy assesments?

any information would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Neil

There is an abundance of info on the net. http://www.cahpi.ca/

There are ten provinces in Canada and 3 northern territories. Which area are you heading for? Different rules and situations, depending on your location. Bad press is relatively short lived here. We are a forgiving lot, you might say. We put up with England for a lot longer then the Yanks did, after all. [:)]

Align yourself with a good group of inspectors and maintain a professional attitude. You will need local knowledge if you want to gain credibility. We build houses differently here and we drive on the right side of the road.

Hockey is #1, football is a modification of rugger (rugby). Although there are a couple of Canadian soccer (true football) teams now playing on the national level, nobody knows who they are.

He forgot the beer! John, the beer!

BTW. How is it that lacrosse is the national sport of Canada?

Canadian beer is the best in the west, but the English can boast a bloody fine ale, to be sure. Bloody good show.

In the winter, we all waddle around on snowshoes. In the summer, we take them off and use them for road hockey sticks. That's lacrosse. [:)]