Ball Valve

allseason

Chris, this is what I was told years ago; probably read it here. On the brass body of the valve will be printed WOG, which stands for water, oil, gas. Approved for all three.

The last time I got involved in a discussion about valves and their WOG rating, it got exceedingly confusing and complicated. I don't remember most of it, but what I took away is that WOG does *not* indicate that the valve is necessarily combatible with water, oil, & gas. Rather, the WOG rating is the pressure that the valve can be exposed to when used with water, oil, or gas. (As opposed to steam.)

If anyone actually knows how this works, I'd love to have a refresher on it.

Chris, this is what I was told years ago; probably read it here. On the brass body of the valve will be printed WOG, which stands for water, oil, gas. Approved for all three.

BTW, Annmarie told me you spoke to her at the bank. Sorry to hear biz isn't good. We're crazy busy.

When I tell people I'm not busy that usually means that I'm not in my office until 2 AM for days on end. Things have actually picked up the last few weeks. I remember 10 years ago when I was doing three to four inspections a day 6 days a week for a mulit inspector firm, that's busy.