Mold Reports

• 3 weeks later...

Guess I agree with most here. I've run into this several times, and I agree the reports are a waste of time. I also try to give people tips on how to combat the problem, recommend a web search, etc. Most people can find some mold in the home. It's how it affects them that matters. I also believe the use of special air filters [Link Deleted] can help to alleviate or prevent the problem.

Not denying the benefit of filters, but I've never found them to effect indoor air quality much.

Is there any reliable source of data on this stuff? I know all the claims about dust, mites, filters, and everything else, but I also know that some research has debunked a lot of it.

Where is the data that says furnace filters actually improve indoor air quality?

A WHO study worldwide indicates IAQ is responsible for 2.7% of the global disease burden. That includes houses where they cook indoors with wood.

2.7% isn't a big number. Is there any reliable data? I've googled it everywhere I can think of, but haven't come up with anything.

• 5 months later...

As a person working in a mold testing lab I can say that 95% mold tests are useless. I wonder if this some sort conspiracy done by somebody on purpose or just it naturally developed into this dead branch of economical evolution. It sucks for me more than for you guys because if the system was right I would not have had my job.

As a person working in a mold testing lab I can say that 95% mold tests are useless. I wonder if this some sort conspiracy done by somebody on purpose or just it naturally developed into this dead branch of economical evolution. It sucks for me more than for you guys because if the system was right I would not have had my job.

It's fallout from a court case years ago that coined the term 'toxic mold'. There's been a few members on this forum who's entire life seems to evolve around 'toxic mold'. Their postulations are a bigger nuisance than mold growth itself.

Marc

It's good to have a mycologist as a member here. We needed one.