New Construction Question

Jerry Simon

I agree, but even insulating the drain pipes doesn't do all that much. It depends on where the pipes are located. If it's a nice 3" waste line running across the DR ceiling, you're going to hear it.

I don't know why anyone would insulated water supply pipe for sound attenuation; they don't make any noise, or at least, they don't if they are installed securely. Drain and waste lines are another matter.

Also, insulating bathrooms with soundproof batts keeps the ugly bathroom sounds where they're supposed to be.

Also, insulating bathrooms with soundproof batts keeps the ugly bathroom sounds where they're supposed to be.

Yeah, those sounds can be tricky, especially if your with clients. Once squatted down on my haunches to look at the underside of something. Guess it was too much for the arse valve 'cuz there was emitted this distinct "pop" that sounded like a gun shot.

Couldn't bear to look at the clients. Just said, "Dang, I've been meaning to get that thing patched." They cracked up; then I turned to look at 'em kinda sheepish like to apologize. Tears of laughter streaming down the husbands face, the wife trying her best to hold back giggles that wouldn't be held back and the realtor standing behind the two of 'em with her face white as a sheet with that look on her face that said, "What kind of savage are you?" Shrugged and said, "Laugh now, wait till you're my age," whereupon the husband started laughing even more.

Could have used some Great Stuff that day.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike