Breakers Crooked in Panel

kaltes

During a recent one year builder's warranty inspection, I found all the breakers at the left side of a subpanel were not squarely installed. The right vertical row was straight like all the thousands of other breakers I have seen but the left vertical row was not.

In my report, I called out that these Square D 110v breakers needed to be properly installed but the builder's electrician said he did not see them out of line (gasp!) and if they were it was OK.

I would very much appreciate feedback from this forum.

The picture is not too great but the breakers at left are immediately apparent visually sloping down towards the left.

Thanks for your help.

Click to Enlarge
tn_20126413911_square%20d%20breakers%20uneven.jpg

49.81 KB

If memory serves correctly, that panel has a lousy anchor that consists of a continuous rail. It allows the breakers to slide up or down on the outside end.

Simply push them level so the panel cover will fit nicely.

Marc

If memory serves correctly, that panel has a lousy anchor that consists of a continuous rail. It allows the breakers to slide up or down on the outside end.

Simply push them level so the panel cover will fit nicely.

Marc

Yes, that's correct. We'll be seeing more and more of this as people start using more and more of those lopsided AFCIs.

It's a little wonky, but not a fixable issue.