Jump to content

Is anyone else seeing this tank monitoring device?


Recommended Posts

"Most add a signal sender to the standard float gauge, with hall effect and potentiometer being the two most common.

Hall Effect - The force that a magnetic field exerts on an electric current. Where gauges containing magnets are used, hall-effect sensors allow reading of the gauge position without physical contact.

Potentiometer - A type of resistor that gives an electrical resistance proportional to the measured value."

It turns out that they've been around since at least 2005 and a lot of different companies make them:

http://www.propanecouncil.org/uploadedF ... toring.pdf

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...