Is Anyone Using Neat Desk?

Hi All,

For several months now I've been seeing TV commercials for something called Neat Desk. Today I decided to visit the site at tryneat.com.

It's some kind of super smart scanner that can scan up to 10 documents simultaneously or a 50 page 2 sided document in one shot. It's supposed to give you the ability to get all of your paperwork organized in the fraction of the time it normally takes. Looks interesting but I'm such a tech idiot I'm not sure I'd be able to make it work right regardless of how simple it is.

Wondering if anyone else is using it and what they think about it.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

I purchased one for the mrs. who is the bookkeeper at her request, a couple years ago.

Took a little time to setup but now She loves it and has cut down on stacks of (paper) receipts. Runs it about once or twice a month, instant filing and access. Very easy year totals for the accountant and taxes!

Brought harmony to the home as my shoebox system and two- three days of totaling at the end of the year was not cutting it ;-)

I always try to evaluate a piece of equipment by considering the varieties of ways it might be used and ultimately if I truly need any of those uses.

The limitations: single sheet, page fed scanner; 600 dpi, not very impressive; high cost, more than a flat bed scanner, more than a printer scanner combo.

Many state departments still require blue ink signatures. This tells me that they want original documents, not copies. Can't save legal originals in a scanner.

What do I get that is a single sheet, that I might want to save? Snail mail falls into three categories: solicitations (trash); bills (pay then trash); receipts (save for taxes and warranty).

Only the last category is worth scanning. Anything I generate is already 'on the machine' and doesn't need scanning.

Maybe someone else can come up with a 'must have' use, I simply can't think of one.

I've a 3 drawer file cabinet nearly full. If I were to remove the bank statement folders from it, I could discard nearly all the rest and not suffer much loss. Inspecting and bookkeeping processes are both all electronic. The bank statements are only a backup. I've nothing needing a scan.

Marc

Hi All,

For several months now I've been seeing TV commercials for something called Neat Desk. Today I decided to visit the site at tryneat.com.

It's some kind of super smart scanner that can scan up to 10 documents simultaneously or a 50 page 2 sided document in one shot. It's supposed to give you the ability to get all of your paperwork organized in the fraction of the time it normally takes. Looks interesting but I'm such a tech idiot I'm not sure I'd be able to make it work right regardless of how simple it is.

Wondering if anyone else is using it and what they think about it.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

I think that Michael Bryan gave us a heads up on these things a few years ago. . .