Any idea what these are?

I assume by "isofoil" that you mean foil-faced polyiso. How thick is it? Is it installed directly behind the drywall, or is there a chance they put batts on the inside of it? Those look a little bit random for wire paths, but who knows, it might have been done by a non-pro (for that matter the whole thing could have been done by a non-pro, and have some funky characteristics. That could also be tunneling of some kind, but aren't you a bit north for termites?

Including the temperature scale on images is always helpful.

Here's the pic with the iron pallet.

pest infestation is a good start, Thanks for the input.

here's a thought that just poped out in my head. The darker lines would represent colder area hence the theory of the tunnels which would make sense.

Now, let's not forget that since there is an air space behing the drywall and then aluminum foil over insulation pannel. Could it be that the lighter area is the heat reflected from the foil back to the drywall and the darker lines are in fact electrical or tv cables that block that reflection. The absence of the reflected heat would then appear darker. Does that make sense?

Click to Enlarge
tn_201332718153_ir%20pic%20iron%20pallette.jpg

26.46?KB

How much space do you think is between the drywall and the foil? How sure are you that there is an airspace, and not batts? Do those lines point to electrical outlets? Can you remove an outlet cover and use a "crochet hook" to see if there is fiberglass in the wall, by sticking the hook in the gap between electrical box and drywall?

My guess on this is poly sheeting, foil scrim, or similar over the studs. The lines are wrinkles in the material--they don't look like wire paths (too sloppy/random), and the pattern is continuous across the studs. Another reason to steal your wife's crochet hook. Or, you have my blessing to buy a borescope.

It's nice to have more than 1 brain to try to figure this out.

Heres a pic where we can see the foil. There is actually a 3/4 inch furring strip over the insulation pannel. I was wrong to say wooden studs earlier. This pattern would be consistant throughout the basement.

So it would be the insulation, the foil, the furring strip and then the drywall. If those are wires, they would be within the 3/4 in. space.

and yes, those would point to outlets.

Click to Enlarge
tn_2013327184928_IMGP9256.jpg

71.05?KB

Based on the way I see the cable placement in the last picture and the comment that the line point to outlets, I would agree that they are cables. However, there is a line to the left of the center furring strip that goes down or out of another line so I question the theory of it being a cable or electrical line. Another option is damaged foil on the insulation. If you look at the last picture you can see where some scraping or rubbing was done to the foil. If it was severe enough, that would alter the temps in that spot. Was this the only location where you saw this, or was this widespread and this is just a sample of what you saw? Sometimes I just want to tear a wall open to see what is really going on.