Binoculars

Bushnell Trophy XLT Roof Prism Binoculars, 8x32mm

About $90 on Amazon

Not the most expensive but they are a good size and waterproof.. I forgot what it is called but you get the best image from the optics when the first number (8) divides evenly in to the second number (32).

Academy Sports have this pair in stock in their stores, they are a little higher but you can go and try them out in the store before you buy..

Does the company even matter anymore? I think it's got more to do with product cycles and which vendors are actually manufacturing the stuff.

I've got a pair of promotional binoculars from Restoration Hardware that are better than some of the Bushnell and Nikons I've owned. I've used Tasco's that are as nice as Nikons. I don't even know the mfg. of my monocular; complete generic and very nice.

The only thing that seems for certain is when you get into the really expensive stuff; then, price usually buys quality.

Waterproof is nice.

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing that seems for certain is when you get into the really expensive stuff; then, price usually buys quality.Waterproof is nice.

Canon's 18x50 IS binoculars fit into that category - serious magnification and great stabilizer.