Air In Line, need help

Greg Booth

The problem/question: whenever a faucet is turned on, there is a quick "spritz" of air/bubbles - happens at cold and hot water, and all locations in home.

I have tried to diagnose (long distance) and learned the following:

1) The house is on municipal water - situated at the top of a hill in a residential area

2) Water pressure delivered at 75 psi

3) There is a pressure regulator, which I suspect is failing, as owner states pressure has declined over the past months

4) There is a multi zoned lawn sprinkler system

5) One sprinkler zone is piped before the pressure regulator

6) An outdoor leak in the pvc water supply was repaired about 2 months ago

7) A new water heater was installed about 1 month ago

8) Owner says there is no expansion tank in the water system

Any ideas would be appreciated........Greg

Are there anti-siphon vacuum breakers on the supplies to the irrigation system? (there should be 2 as you indicated one zone is supplied before the p-reg) They can be damaged when they blow out the lines incorrectly for winterization. The failure of the device (or lack of) can cause weird stuff to happen.

Have them shut off the supplies to the irrigation for a while and see if there's any change.

Are there anti-siphon vacuum breakers on the supplies to the irrigation system? (there should be 2 as you indicated one zone is supplied before the p-reg) They can be damaged when they blow out the lines incorrectly for winterization. The failure of the device (or lack of) can cause weird stuff to happen.

Have them shut off the supplies to the irrigation for a while and see if there's any change.

.........I'll pass that along, Thanks, Greg