leak in the master bedroom

Help! I recently bought a home. I had an inspection done. Five days after I moved in, I notice water filtrating into the master bedroom. I called my realtor who told me to call the warranty company and to monitor the source of the water...rain, irrigation, a faucet outside the wall where water was coming in. I follow his advice. I also, called the inspector. He told me; he did not see any water in the master bedroom at the time he inspected the house.

The warranty company sent in a plumber who diagnosed a "none plumbing issue" and that fixing would not be covered by the warranty.

Since I didn't hear from my realtors, I called the sellers realtor. He told me would speak with my realtor and get back to me. I had not hear from either for over a month regardless my numerous calls. The warranty company will not cover the fixing...any advice of who should pay for this problem???

Help! I recently bought a home. I had an inspection done. Five days after I moved in, I notice water filtrating into the master bedroom.

Then I guess your inspector couldn't have been expected to see it either.

I called my realtor who told me to call the warranty company and to monitor the source of the water...rain, irrigation, a faucet outside the wall where water was coming in. I follow his advice. I also, called the inspector. He told me; he did not see any water in the master bedroom at the time he inspected the house.

The warranty company sent in a plumber who diagnosed a "none plumbing issue" and that fixing would not be covered by the warranty.

Since I didn't hear from my realtors, I called the sellers realtor. He told me would speak with my realtor and get back to me. I had not hear from either for over a month regardless my numerous calls. The warranty company will not cover the fixing...any advice of who should pay for this problem???

The owner of the house? Unless it can be proven that the seller knew of the issue and hid that information from you.

Marc

In reality, these type of issues happen. Water intrusion problems from bad roof flashing or other exterior details are everywhere. Many times, clear visible problems are missed by inspectors. Toadie inspectors who are looking for volume sales miss this crap all the time. Posts like this from the OP are an attempt to find out who to blame it on, when it happens. And it will happen again, 1000 times.....

The real question is, what kind of inspector do you want to be?

Warranty companies will send out affiliates who's job it is to find a pre existing condition to find them not liable. Thus, "your inspector should have caught that"

I bet most home inspectors agreement says their inspection is not a warranty. Yet in their advertisement, some say they offer a warranty. Confusing isn't it?