Portable Sawmill

Not a new concept. The mills are truly portable as many have axles and trailer hitch built in.

Logs can be skidded around with any old farm tractor, for which there are 3-point attachments as well as having the bucket.

Sweden is the place to look for small woodlot technologies.

I would not want to build a dwelling with green lumber. All that moisture has to come out of the wood and go somewhere.

...portable saw mill comes to your logs...

...about 35 yrs ago I saw one of those somebody made with a track and a band saw run by a Volkswagen engine. He would cut your logs and charge 75 cents a bd ft for what he turned out.

.75 cents a BF sounds like a ton to me what if you took him your own logs was it stilll that much

...portable saw mill comes to your logs...

...about 35 yrs ago I saw one of those somebody made with a track and a band saw run by a Volkswagen engine. He would cut your logs and charge 75 cents a bd ft for what he turned out.

.75 cents a BF sounds like a ton to me what if you took him your own logs was it stilll that much

A buddy was buying Cedar cants, cedar 8X8's or larger, and milling those into bevelled siding for resale.

So it doesn't have to be your logs. A guy with a woodlot for example.