Sign in to follow this  
kurt

Electric Service

Does this service need a separate or additional grounding electrode?

Click to Enlarge
201713065241_Electric%20Service.jpeg

212.78?KB

Or this.....

Click to Enlarge
201713065923_Electric%20Service%202.jpeg

192.81 KB

I don't see why it would need a separate or additional grounding conductor. That assumes this 'circuitry' is within the main structure.

Whatever it is, exposed energized surfaces makes it looks homegrown...and a hazard.

This is why we have enclosures.

Marc

I was making a joke. There's so much wrong here and such grotesque electrocution and shock hazards, I was going tongue in cheek.

This mess is typical of rural China. No ground electrode, there's not even ground wires in circuits, open knife switches, no gfci, outlets in showers, and everything is conductive because construction here is solid concrete. Everything.

The clear plastic boxes are cool. Fried connections will be easy to spot.

The straps on the latches, are they sealed by the utility provider?

Few societies are as anal about safety as we are here in NA.

What electric device do you use in the shower? Would you need to charge a cellphone, maybe? [:)]

[

What electric device do you use in the shower? Would you need to charge a cellphone, maybe? [:)]

...........the device is a shower head with an internal electric heating element. Powered thru zip-cord/plug from the shower wall or ceiling.

[

...........the device is a shower head with an internal electric heating element. Powered thru zip-cord/plug from the shower wall or ceiling.

OK, I get it now. Suicide shower.[:-boggled

Some of them feel like suicide showers. I pay very close attention to what I'm touching. I'm always working to avoid any action that might provide a current path.

This is standard issue in rural China. My bro in law grew up without electricity.....that's in the 70's and 80's. Not long ago.