Big Boy!

This was taken back in November on our hutting lodge property by a digital motion activated camera. I had no idea that the camera had taken anything and I just found this today, in fact I forgot about the camera. We had set up a decoy deer near a feed management plot. This is one of the largest White Tails I have ever seen. Sorry for the large file.

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif Big_Deer.JPG

563.63 KB

Originally posted by paul burrell

He is awful smart or there are hunters in this area that aren't paying attention to what they are doing.

It's the first one. We've got guys down here who quit work during deer season. That kind of longevity can't be credited to poor opposition, that's a superior animal my friend. He'll disappear a week before the season starts and not be seen again until a week after it's over. [:-mischie

Brian G.

Praise the Lord & Pass the Ammunition [:-thumbu]

Brian's right; one doesn't get that big & bad being stupid.

The big bucks in my neighborhood (@ the Michigan shack, that is), are uncanny; they disappear @ the first whiff of humans, and reappear @ first snow.

Nothing like cornfed venison; finest meat there is. All them Cityfried wimps that are against thinning herds are fools; it would be a great way to provide food for homeless & needy folk. I'm w/the Nuge on that one....

Originally posted by kurt

All them Cityfried wimps that are against thinning herds are fools; it would be a great way to provide food for homeless & needy folk. I'm w/the Nuge on that one....

Not to mention saving lives. The damn things come out into the streets and ka-boom. My wife and I took a small 6 mile hike close to our home and counted 28 deer one day. Ridiculous.

I live on 11 acres surrounded by about 800 to south, east, and west. About half is no hunting allowed. My acres are actually in a city limit, where no guns are to be discharged.

Times my five acre field in front of the house has looked like the Serengeti, with galloping herds of dozen or more. Every tree/shrub I plant has to be caged. I'm too lazy, too busy, not motivated to hunt, though one morning I shot at and missed nine deer with .410 GA slugs(in violation). Next morning I hit a doe between the eyes and called it murder. Hung the carcass, slit the throat, made "tea" with collected blood to anoint the bushes. Hauled the carcass off to the woodlot, where scavengers eliminated every scrap within three weeks. (Talk about feeding the homeless!)

For the past five or so years I have a bowhunter who visits regularly. I call him my gamekeeper. Don't see him much, just see his car. Now and then he drops off some packages of processed venison. Since his tenure started they have been far less bold and I have been able to de-cage a good many lanscape plants, but I really don't think we can call his efforts population control. He's just kind of like a security patrol.