Another new guy...

Hey everyone, My name is Mike and I'm currently enrolled in the AHIT program.  I'm currently in IL working at a machine shop for the past 16 years.  I run the quality control lab.  CMM programmer, development part inspector, first article reports and a few other things not related to HI.  This career is sucking the life out of me and I have always thought about getting into this field of work.  I have been a member of a CMM programming forum for 10 years and I know how valuable a place like this can be.  Being a part inspector has given me a ton of respect for details and reporting thoroughly.  I look forward to asking a lot of questions.  Based on what I have seen here so far, everyone seems to be respectful and helpful.  For now, I will be spending most of my time searching for discussion topics to answer my questions.  Thanks in advance for everyone's time and expertise.    

Thanks Jim.  This option seems to be my best bet.  The community college program near me is not any better.  I am trying to go above and beyond the training that AHIT offers.  Trying to cram as much info from other sources at the same time is a challenge but I am determined to use all possible sources.  I welcome your corrections and any answers that are provided by this forum.  I am not one of those know it alls or a close minded individual.  I have quite a bit of experience with home repair, I know that means squat, but it has helped with some terminology already.  I am aware of the down falls of this course and hope to make up for any short comings by using a variety of resources.

I have read a ton of reviews about AHIT and I am ready to deal with the negative aspects.  This is one of the reasons I came here.