Article: Bob Pearson - The Godfather of home inspection insurance

Hello, everyone!

I hope that you are all well and safe during this time. Right now, it's more important than ever to be managing your risk. Read about what Bob Pearson, who we consider to be The Godfather of home inspection insurance, has to say about effectively managing your risk.

Enjoy!

----

When Bob Pearson sees a need, he fills it. Having performed over 10,000 home inspections himself, Pearson has a unique and unparalleled understanding of home inspecting. As such, he was able to use his knowledge to create an insurance program for a profession that insurers hadn’t really figured out.

He helped develop a professional liability (or errors and omissions) insurance program catered to inspectors. The program featured unique coverage endorsements, like the first ever referring party indemnification rider for real estate agents. And it offered inspectors coverage for a reasonable rate.

In fact, Pearson was one of the first people to teach home inspectors about risk management. He began lecturing at various national and regional association conferences. Additionally, he published several articles on risk management.

As partners, we value Pearson’s continued contribution to insurance and inspection industries. In this article, we highlight a few of the risk management lessons Pearson considers most valuable.

[READ MORE]

1 hour ago, Aubri Devashrayee said:

Hello, everyone!

I hope that you are all well and safe during this time. Right now, it's more important than ever to be managing your risk. Read about what Bob Pearson, who we consider to be The Godfather of home inspection insurance, has to say about effectively managing your risk.

Enjoy!

----

When Bob Pearson sees a need, he fills it. Having performed over 10,000 home inspections himself, Pearson has a unique and unparalleled understanding of home inspecting. As such, he was able to use his knowledge to create an insurance program for a profession that insurers hadn’t really figured out.

He helped develop a professional liability (or errors and omissions) insurance program catered to inspectors. The program featured unique coverage endorsements, like the first ever referring party indemnification rider for real estate agents. And it offered inspectors coverage for a reasonable rate.

In fact, Pearson was one of the first people to teach home inspectors about risk management. He began lecturing at various national and regional association conferences. Additionally, he published several articles on risk management.

As partners, we value Pearson’s continued contribution to insurance and inspection industries. In this article, we highlight a few of the risk management lessons Pearson considers most valuable.

[READ MORE]

I hadn't heard of him until I read this article. I got sold on his integrity where he says to remember who your client is, its not the agent. I'd like to run into him someday.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2020 at 11:08 PM, Jim Katen said:

Bob is a good guy and has been a fixture in the home inspector insurance scene forever. His move to InspectorPro is one reason that my company is considering moving to them this year -- if Aaron's quote is good . . . 

@Jim Katen You're completely right--Bob has been a trailblazer for inspector-specific insurance and has made big contributions to the industry at large. And, we would love to protect you and your business! If you have any questions or concerns about your quote or our program, don't hesitate to reach out. Thanks for commenting!

On 8/4/2020 at 12:56 PM, Marc said:

I hadn't heard of him until I read this article. I got sold on his integrity where he says to remember who your client is, its not the agent. I'd like to run into him someday.

@Marc Bob is awesome. That's great you were able to get to know him a little bit more from the article! Actually, he is one of our main representatives for upcoming shows and conferences. When things pick back up, I'm sure Bob would love to meet you.