Good news for us Mac addicts, Bootcamp

Originally posted by kurt

. . . The Windows XP thing is a problem though, w/the virus thing. It does defeat one of the benefits of Mac.

Wouldn't a virus only affect the partition that contained the XP operating system? Or, once in, could it jump to the mac OS and trash the whole computer?

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Originally posted by jseddy

Well, one advantage it does offer is that you don't have to buy 2 seperate systems now. As you're all aware, no HI software in Mac exists, so the only option for Mac users is to buy another computer just for the HI software.

I thought that Dave Surette had a reporting system that work on macs.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Originally posted by Jim Katen

. . . The Windows XP thing is a problem though, w/the virus thing. It does defeat one of the benefits of Mac.

Wouldn't a virus only affect the partition that contained the XP operating system? Or, once in, could it jump to the mac OS and trash the whole computer?

- Jim Katen, Oregon

That's one of the unknowns. What you said makes perfect sense, though.

• 3 months later...

Well, yes it does. Filemaker Pro, the best bargain software there is.

I run my whole business, including reports, w/FM Pro.

Kurt - can you provide me with more info on Filemaker Pro. I've never used it - haven't had a reason to so far. I'm new to HI and have been looking or something mac based. Was thinking about buying a Pocket PC and just printing via bluetooth at a job site. Would rather have my powerbook though to do the same thing. Also have considered just using virtual PC, which I have installed but not used. If I used it for nothing more than HI reports and contracts, I guess that would be okay too. Just looking for the most simple solutiojn that provides a comprehensive report in the best format - but who isn't, huh?

Just a note - Apple just released their wireless mighty mouse - the wired mm is the best mouse I've ever used - wonder how the bluetooth wireless will hold up on 2 AA's

Thanks in advance.

It's a very powerful relational database; it's abilities are only limited by the user's development/programming abilities. I use it for everything, & I do mean everything.

I could go on at length, but it would be too long & I don't have time. Download a sample @ Filemaker & check it out.