Installing and Testing a GFCI per UL Instructions

Joe Tedesco

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Some would argue that an improper termination on the set screw of a GFCI ( or any receptacle or switch for that matter ) is worse than a properly done back stab.

While many are against back stabbing ( and I am not here to defend it..;) it is accepted by the UL Listing when the device is tested so while some may not like it...they are still being made but we are lucky now they make the stab holes smaller to avoid 12 AWG in most of the newer ones...

But alas...probably not all of them.....

No more 404's. Thanks Joe.

But, I'm not sure what we are to take from that link. It's pretty basic. I guess the 2003 information is useful.

Perhaps that's what Katen had in mind when he discussed (another thread) 'older' GFCI's behaving differently in bootleg ground situations. I'll store that as a ? in my head somewhere - there's lots of room![:-weepn]

• 3 months later...
Originally posted by ozofprev

No more 404's. Thanks Joe.

But, I'm not sure what we are to take from that link. It's pretty basic. I guess the 2003 information is useful.

Perhaps that's what Katen had in mind when he discussed (another thread) 'older' GFCI's behaving differently in bootleg ground situations. I'll store that as a ? in my head somewhere - there's lots of room![:-weepn]

Look at this video for GFCI information:

http://www.electricsmarts.com/container ... d=9503&tid