Barrel Tile Roof Inspections

kurtute

I'm unable to upload a file to the TIJ library. It's the Concrete and clay roof tile installation manual from the Tile Roofing Institute. The upload file window just sticks on "Sending request to www.inspectorsjournal.com".

Some other suggestions:

1. Google "split cylinder tile" or "mission tile"

2. E-mail some Florida inspectors - that's the only type of roof I see when flying over the Sunshine State.

Hi Bill,

It's already in the TIJ library at this link: https://www.inspectorsjournal.com/uploa ... nGuide.pdf I was just trying to force Kurt, and everyone else, to go check out the downloads area. When one is looking for good information about a subject, that's the place to go before posting.

By the way, please email me and tell me in detail how you were trying to upload it to TIJ. It should have uploaded. By the way, because you are a moderator, instead of using the "contribute file" button, you could have uploaded it to the Upload Manager and then copied the URL and pasted it.

OT - OF!!!

M.

Originally posted by hausdok

Hi Bill,

It's already in the TIJ library at this link: https://www.inspectorsjournal.com/uploa ... nGuide.pdf I was just trying to force Kurt, and everyone else, to go check out the downloads area. When one is looking for good information about a subject, that's the place to go before posting.

I saw that, but didn't think it was the same. Guess mine is just a more recent edition.

By the way, please email me and tell me in detail how you were trying to upload it to TIJ. It should have uploaded. By the way, because you are a moderator, instead of using the "contribute file" button, you could have uploaded it to the Upload Manager and then copied the URL and pasted it.

I tried the Upload Manager as well and it gets stuck just the same. Maybe it's on my end. My 2-cans-and-a-string phone service just completed an upgrade Monday so I got DSL yesterday. Might be a firewall thing.

Originally posted by inspecthistoric

I tried the Upload Manager as well and it gets stuck just the same. Maybe it's on my end. My 2-cans-and-a-string phone service just completed an upgrade Monday so I got DSL yesterday. Might be a firewall thing.

Hi,

Well, if you're on DSL I don't think it should be timing out on you. Maybe Mike B. will see this post and can offer an explanation. Is anyone else having problems uploading files?

OT - OF!!!

M.

No,

It's there, believe me, I just checked it.

You've probably got your machine set to disallow certain types of documents. I can go upstairs on my wife's Vista machine and none of these documents show for me, but when I'm down here on my XP box they display immediately when I click them. I've never bothered to go upstairs and screw with the settings on her machine. I think if I did that they'd probably display.

Did you wait for the full document to load when you clicked on the link or did you see the cover of the manual, start to scroll immediately, and found nothing? You have to wait until the document is fully opened before trying to scroll it. Watch the count at the bottom of your screen.

OT - OF!!!

M.