Monitor Lust

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Brad, that was interesting. It does look like they've figured the cornering thing out though. They keep the back wheels firmly on the road and then they let the front wheel and body lean into the curves - pretty ingenious. I'm left wondering what happens if the hydraulics fail as you're leaving a curve and you don't straighten up? Looks like she'd just keep right on going and drive right off the road. Their technical discussion talks about a backup hydraulic system - guess you'd need it.

40,000+ euros though? Phew! If I'm gonna spend that kind of money I'll buy a vintage Indian or a Kiwi Indian replica.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

I've seen the Carver before, on a car-tech show I think. Son of a gun can lean waaay over, can't it? Odd set up....the front leans and the back doesn't. I'm not sure what to think on that one.

The Piaggio is very interesting. I love the way the front wheels adjust to the lean, and the whole thing leans as one, but they're so dang close together. I almost wonder if it's worth the trouble to have three wheels instead of two.

What I'd like to do is take the front suspension from the Piaggio and put it on the Bombardier, with a slightly rounder back tire and a little more ground clearance. That dog might sho' nuf hunt. [:-thumbu]

Gotta love the toys available in the world today, if one only has the funds to play. [:-propell

Brian G.

Content to Look (by necessity) [:-indiffe

LOL...

Thanks, but not quite right! We want something a little more traditional for the French waterways and, frankly, bigger. This is more like we have in mind (albeit without the antiques).

http://www.bowcrest.com/New%20Build%20B ... 0Coeur.pdf

This is what we have booked for later this summer on our exploratory trip.

http://www.locaboat.com/gb/penichettes/ ... p?pen=935R

It's plastic and a LOT smaller, but it will give us a good feel for the canal environment.

Au revoir. À bientôt.