Monitor Lust

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Well, I finally found the flash card for the anchient digital camera and figured out (sort of) how to make it work (All except the damned flash), so I'm posting a photo of the two monitors; my old 19-inch wide screen and the wonderful new 22-inch monster that you guys so generously purchased for me.

All I gotta say is YOU GUYS ROCK!!!

Thanks loads.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Image Insert:

200852971534_NewMonitor.jpg

33.83 KB

Yep. There's some very nice big Japanese cruisers out there, and I'd take any one of them. I do have this thing for white bikes. I pass a Suzuki dealer every other day and they have a 2007, white Boulevard displayed in the window that makes my mouth water. Not gonna happen though.

Image Insert:

2008529113058_M109RW.jpg

23.18 KB

We are planning on upgrading the wife's Yamaha 50cc scooter to a 200 or 250cc Vespa, but hardly the same thing! [:-irked]

Hi,

Well, at least your wife understands a little bit about what a 2-wheeler is about; mine won't even get on one for a ride. She's terrified of them. Then there's the little bit of family history; my little brother took my Honda 750 into a corner after forgetting to put up the kickstand. He ended up hitting a set of cable guard rails and almost losing his right leg. In the end, he only lost the foot but it's enough to have my wife permanently freaked out about motorcycles.

Sigh.

OT - OF!!!

M.

Richard, that's an interesting looking bike. I was disappointed when I looked around recently. It seems like every cruiser built in the last 15 years looks like a Harley. I've never been drawn to the low, wide, heavy look, so I had to reach back a ways to get something that suited me (1992).

And I agree with Kurt, 100%. My last ride on the back half of a seat got me six weeks on crutches and multiple patches of road rash. Never again. If I can't hold the handlebars, I ain't going.

My son-in-law just bought a bike tonight. We're running up to the southern tip of Indiana to pick it up on Saturday. Another all-day ride for the Bri-Man. [:-crazy]

Brian G.

Pass the Caffine [:-bigeyes

Stop posting erotic photos Mike!

Somewhere in this house are our 1986 wedding photos, including pics of the wife and me riding away on my 750 Virago. Funny stuff, with her wedding dress all hitched up and wedding crap all over the bike. The wife's away through this weekend, in Boston at some microbiology shindig with her publisher, but I'll have her dig them out when she gets back.

That was my last bike. Sold it shortly after when the helmet laws came out, which ruined its appeal as a summer run-around for me. I know helmets are a "good" thing, but I just didn't want to always wear one, especially on a 90 degree day for a short cruise to the shops.

I can't remember ever once doing the back seat thing myself. It sounds scary not being in control!

Ah...the ole three wheeled Morgan! It may be white but, No thanks! Didn't like them when I lived in England and still don't.

Three-wheeled cars became "popular" in England partly because they were classified as motor-cycles and you could drive one at 16 rather than the 17 needed for a normal car. The other "advantages", if memory serves, was cheaper road tax and, of course, just being cheaper overall to operate.

Besides 0 to 60 being measured on a calendar for some models, the main problem was they had a tendency to just fall over in hard cornering. You say they are being made here now? Wow...someone must have a good liability insurance broker!

Hi,

It's not a Morgan; it's an Ace Cycle Car built by a fellow that formed a company called Liberty Motors in Seattle. The guy was in love with the Morgan but wanted a Morgan without a lot of the same problems, so he built this one using a Harley engine. It took him years to design it and work out the bugs with several prototypes until he got it right. Now he's building them. The body, cockpit, and everything about it looks very much like the morgan but the motor, drivetrain and suspension are hand built in Seattle.

http://cycle-car.com/

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Originally posted by Brian G

Anything with one or three wheels is inherently unstable. Two and four are the right numbers. [^]

Brian G.

Six Ain't Bad Either [;)]

Hi Brian,

Guess you haven't been paying attention to the buzz on this baby that's made by Bombardier. It's been getting some pretty good reviews.

Image Insert:

200865212625_reverse-trike-canam-spyder17s.jpg

21.04 KB

It's very, very cool looking, but I'll stick with my statement. They show it cornering once from ground level, and a few times from waaaay above. It doesn't lean, but the driver moves around (sidecar anyone?). It's inherently unstable in turns and corners, sooner or later, just like all the others before it. If they could get it to lean like a bike, they might have something.

Brian G.

Safe Beats Cool for Middle Aged Farts Like Me [;)]