My new Website

StevenT

I'm working on a new web site and would love some critique. It's the first one that I've done on my own... almost on my own.

It's dedicated solely to EIFS, for SEO reasons. Next I will attempt a new home inspection site. I'm far from finished, still needs editing, additional text, content and photos. This is like a first dress rehearsal.

I'm putting together a slide show, and looking for more links, etc.

If anyone can recommend any or anything, please do.

Click on Certified Eifs Inspections New York in my signature.

Originally posted by StevenT

I'm working on a new web site and would love some critique. It's the first one that I've done on my own... almost on my own.

It's dedicated solely to EIFS, for SEO reasons. Next I will attempt a new home inspection site. I'm far from finished, still needs editing, additional text, content and photos. This is like a first dress rehearsal.

I'm putting together a slide show, and looking for more links, etc.

If anyone can recommend any or anything, please do.

Click on Certified Eifs Inspections New York in my signature.

I would do away with the Red text color, it is hard on the eyes. Light background colors tend to make for a more calm and relaxed site that will help to keep folks from clicking off to another site.

Keep your slide shows small so that the site loads quickly. I would put the pictures or slide shows a their own page and not on the first page.

Steve,

I've been told to have all links to secondary pages and PDF files, etc. open in another tab/window ... thus keeping your primary page as the still open tab/window on the potential client's browser.

That way you keep a hook with your site on their PC so they don't have to 'click back' to get to your home page.

I've also been told to do the best you can to keep all information documents available via PDF or such at "your site" ... meaning that you don't link a potential client to an outside site. The thought being to keep people at/on your site as long as possible. I know at times this is not always possible.

I'm sure there are multiple opinions about such, but that is one I've been working with for several years now and have not been advised otherwise ... so far.

• 4 weeks later...

I got rid of the red/black and changed to a theme that I like much better. If you check it out, I'm sure you'll agree.

eifsinspectionsnewyork.com

The guy that's providing the service is really helpful. Even though it's basically a DIY site, he is forever helpful and improving his product. I can't count how many times he has "taken control" of my computer and done in ten minutes what would have taken me a month... or never.

Now some results...

When I enter ANY area that I targeted (such as brooklyn eifs inspector) into my browser, my site shows up number one (after the sponsored sites) and/or multiple times. This is only after a few weeks.

I am getting ready to build a HI site with him and plan on dropping my other site.

Originally posted by StevenT

I got rid of the red/black and changed to a theme that I like much better. If you check it out, I'm sure you'll agree.

eifsinspectionsnewyork.com

The guy that's providing the service is really helpful. Even though it's basically a DIY site, he is forever helpful and improving his product. I can't count how many times he has "taken control" of my computer and done in ten minutes what would have taken me a month... or never.

Now some results...

When I enter ANY area that I targeted (such as brooklyn eifs inspector) into my browser, my site shows up number one (after the sponsored sites) and/or multiple times. This is only after a few weeks.

I am getting ready to build a HI site with him and plan on dropping my other site.

That looks better...