Pre-Inspection Agreement

Hi all I have been working for a company for several years now and I am on my way to opening my own inspection company. I need a good Pre-Inspection Agreement. I could take the company I worked for agreement but dont want to "copy" anything of theirs. So my question is anyone know where a downloadable version is? Does ASHI have one etc. ? Thanks in advance.

Visit a bunch of inspector website for inspectors in your area. View the samples for ideas. Get your lawyer to draft something that's suitable for your specific use and area. Don't skimp on it. It'll save you down the road.

Copying a generic one from somewhere ain't gonna do you much good. Did I say get your own lawyer to draft one suitable for your specific use and area.

I have one posted on my samples page too.

So what's everyones opinion on posting the agreement on the website? I notice that many inspection companies do not post theirs up front.

Mine is in a PDF format. If you like it in general, send me an email and I'll send you a copy in Word so you can edit it to fit your needs.

Originally posted by AHI

I have one posted on my samples page too.

So what's everyones opinion on posting the agreement on the website? I notice that many inspection companies do not post theirs up front.

Well, I have no secrets and it makes my life simpler if I have a person that needs an agreement. Also, it allows for my clients to see and read it before the inspection or whatever.

I think some just don't post an agreement either because the don't use one or they never thought much about it.

Thanks so much guys I was able to read over everyones and put one together . I'm so glad I found this site and everyone has been very nice and helpful . I will post my whole report as soon as I complete it to get everyones feed back.

Thanks