link to asbestos site

Originally posted by AHI

Take a look at this asbestos site. Do you see any reasons why you think a home inspector should not link to it from their site? It seemed to me to be a site designed at directing persons into litigation. Not really a HI issue directly huh?

http://www.asbestos.com/

I think you answered your own question, John.

"The extensive resources at Asbestos.com offer excellent referrals for some of the most experienced asbestos and mesothelioma attorneys in the nation. To contact us directly, call 1-800-ASBESTOS. Please direct all email inquiries to help@asbestos.com. For more information on choosing an attorney and other asbestos-related issues, please fill out the form on the right to receive an informative packet."

If you need to send folks to an external site, the EPA has basic, understandable information for homeowners living with asbestos products. www.epa.gov/asbestos/pubs/ashome.html

This would be a good opportunity to add a page of content to your own site, provided it's accurate and well-written. It'd be another page full of keywords for folks to find and visit.

I'd think you're one of the HIs that would research the issue thoroughly and not plagiarize some folklore - like many HIs do - just to fill up space on another page.