Angie's List?

AHI in AR

Like probably a lot of you, I am trying to find a way to use previous clients to help build by business. I joined Angie's List to see what other local HI's were rated. Only two were, and the reports were a couple of years old. Obviously, this is an underutilized resource. I'd like to change that. To my benefit, of course...

My question is how you go about asking someone to spend their time submitting a report on you. Other than the obvious issues of being polite and offering sincere (but not overdone) thanks, are there any other things to do? I thought of offering a small financial incentive, but I want to avoid the appearance that the review was "purchased".

Anyone have any thoughts/advice?

Thank's for the reminder! I did the same thing here and found Zero reviews for HI's in this area. My plan was to make a follow up call to the clients and just flat out ask. For some reason I forgot. What's the worst thing that could happen, they'll say no?

Another thing that has started to bring more calls is, the little signs I leave right next to the realtor's sign after an inspection.

Like the signs contractors use. Probably old news to most of you but, It seems to be working.

Originally posted by gtblum

Thank's for the reminder! I did the same thing here and found Zero reviews for HI's in this area. My plan was to make a follow up call to the clients and just flat out ask. For some reason I forgot. What's the worst thing that could happen, they'll say no?

Another thing that has started to bring more calls is, the little signs I leave right next to the realtor's sign after an inspection.

Like the signs contractors use. Probably old news to most of you but, It seems to be working.

The answer to every question you don't ask is no anyways, so why not ask.

BTW, where do you get those little signs?

Originally posted by AHI in AR

Like probably a lot of you, I am trying to find a way to use previous clients to help build by business. I joined Angie's List to see what other local HI's were rated. Only two were, and the reports were a couple of years old. Obviously, this is an underutilized resource. I'd like to change that. To my benefit, of course...

My question is how you go about asking someone to spend their time submitting a report on you. Other than the obvious issues of being polite and offering sincere (but not overdone) thanks, are there any other things to do? I thought of offering a small financial incentive, but I want to avoid the appearance that the review was "purchased".

Anyone have any thoughts/advice?

We deliver our reports by e-mail. The accompanying e-cover-letter includes a line that reads, "If you're happy with my work, please refer me to family and friends or submit a review to Angie's List at www.blah blah blah.com"

- Jim Katen, Oregon