Off the chart.

RickSab

OK maybe a brain fart here. I can's determine the age of this Lennox furnace. It's not on the chart. The only Identifying number on the unit is GH6-100C-1 It on two plates. I cant find anything else. Anyone care to guess an age? Your help is appreciated. It works fine and has a much newer AC installed. The building is a little over 40 years old.

Image Insert:

20081014154155_DSCN3399.jpg

41.13 KB

Image Insert:

20081014155046_DSCN3400.jpg

46.41 KB

Thanks guys.

The pics are a little blurry, time for a new camera? Maybe it just the guy taking the pictures. The furnace is well maintained. A tech has signed off on it a least once a year if you can believe the stickers on it. The filter looks like a bear to change.

I thought it was original. The other units have newer ones. I thought it was funny that a new AC unit was put on such an old furnace but it functioned very well. The thermostat is an old one too. I think a new unit with a programable thermostat would pay for itself quickly. The condo is being bought to be rented out as an investment. The tenant will pay the gas and electric so I don't think my client cares a lot.

Thanks again.

As long as the system is regularly serviced by a qualified HVAC contractor and it was heating the home up at the time of your inspection and had no issues with short cycling, venting, etc. were noted, I would list the unit as functional. I would also indicate to the client, however, that it is beyond its designed life (approx. 20 years) and a new higher efficiency model would more than pay for itself in time with a programmable thermostat.