Ladders

hausdok

I been using the little giant Revolution XE (model 22) for three years,its way lighter than the older little giant models. I’m getting older so lighter is better! It's 2 lbs heavier than Jaws 18 footer but opens to 19 feet. I weight 195 and have been up and down this ladder hundreds of times with no issues. I am very satisfied with this ladder and get on just about any roof I come across with this ladder. As it opens to only 19' occasionally I have to improvise to gain access to higher roofs but usually I figure a way on.

Here is some of what there web site claims about this ladder:

Revolution XE is lighter–20% lighter than any competing multi-use ladder on the market. We did this without sacrificing any strength thanks to patented LiteWaveâ„¢ technology (the same technology used by the U.S. military in aircraft production). LiteWaveâ„¢ technology allows for the convenience of a 250 lb. rated ladder, yet still provides the strength of a 300 lb. rated ladder

John C

It seems like I have used my 17' little giant ladder everyday of my life for the last 18 years. I open and close it exactly like Joe. I find it very easy to use, although I agree it is a bit heavy.

The only fall I have taken in all my years climbing roofs, ladders, stairs, etc. was when I pulled my little giant up on a garage roof so that I could than climb up to the second story. Coming off the second story the ladder slipped on the garage roof and I fell from the second story to the garage roof. Fortunately my only injury was a badly sprained ankle that caused me to miss a few days of work.

The first reason I leave the top section off of my 17' Jaws is to make it lighter.

But a bonus is that climbing down is safer. I grab the top, swing around and plant one foot on the rung below the gutter. It's hard to do that safely with the wide upper section in place, IMO.

Click to Enlarge
tn_201169161920_jaws.jpg

55.94 KB

Here's my Jaws in action. With the top section removed, it is smooth on one side, so it slides nicely in and out of the truck box. I do 75% of my roofs with that, the others are taller, so 28' extension for those.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...