Dates please

Chad Fabry

no rush, I'm writining the report now and I can't go home untill someone answers.

Bryant 50k btu furnace.394GAW024050/0981C76101

Reliance water heater 30k btu K96888704

The owners say the furnace is 5 years old...I'd say closer to 25 and they say the water heater is 3 years old, I'm guessing 10

Another approach is to ask for receipts for the purchase and installation of the equipment and copies of building permits. In my area, building permits are required for the installation of new furnaces, boilers, and water heaters.

I bet the seller has a great story about how his "Friend" the contractor installed them for cash and he did not get any paperwork (or a similar tale).

On occasion, people install used equipment and are telling the truth when they say that the boiler was installed 5 years ago. The just leave out the part that the boiler was 15 years old when it was installed!

Bryant 50k btu furnace. 394GAW024050/0981C76101

Reliance water heater 30k btu K96888704

Hi,

Sorry, I should have logged on earlier. The Bryant was manufactured the 9th week of 1981. The Reliance is made by State and was manufactured in October of 96. You can take that to the bank.

Oh, by the way, the water heater was also part of the water heater diptube settlement. The time period for that settlement has already expired, but you might want to recommend the clients have the plumbing and the filter screens on the water heater and washing machine inlets flushed, just to make sure they aren't clogged with bits of polypropylene.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Originally posted by Chad Fabry

Thanks guys. I just reported the seller was a dirty rotten liar and both units were undersized, old and ugly. I also went on to state that the install was crummy as well and it would cost a lot to fix it all.

I appreciate the help and dates, Brian et al

Chad:

I like your wording.

We're you doing a pre-sale inspection for the owner??? [:D]

Originally posted by Chad Fabry

Thanks guys. I just reported the seller was a dirty rotten liar and both units were undersized, old and ugly. I also went on to state that the install was crummy as well and it would cost a lot to fix it all.

I appreciate the help and dates, Brian et al

Can I "borrow" that for the library Chad? The style fits in well with some of my other comments, especially the ones comparing workmanship to Uncle Buck, various Disney characters and the ever popular electrical series comments that begin with "Only a moron would..."