Crawl Space Gloves

SWagar

For crawl space inspections, I'm considering wearing rubber gloves instead of my trusty ol' leather gloves. I getting tired of taking off my gloves to operate the camera or to write down notes. And after an animal feces/urine filled crawl space they can get a little nasty. I've tried to wash them but that doesn't work so well.

Before I make the move, I have a few questions for those of you who use them.

How do they hold up during the inspection, do they rip or tear?

Do they offer your hands any protection from abrasion?

What brands you you recommend / not recommend?

Can you operate your camera with them on our hands?

What else should I know?

For crawl space inspections, I'm considering wearing rubber gloves instead of my trusty ol' leather gloves. I getting tired of taking off my gloves to operate the camera or to write down notes. And after an animal feces/urine filled crawl space they can get a little nasty. I've tried to wash them but that doesn't work so well.

Before I make the move, I have a few questions for those of you who use them.

How do they hold up during the inspection, do they rip or tear?

Do they offer your hands any protection from abrasion?

What brands you you recommend / not recommend?

Can you operate your camera with them on our hands?

What else should I know?

I also use the heavyweight nitrile gloves. Each glove seems to last through two or three crawlspaces. They work great. I can use the camera without taking them off.

Last week, Jay Marlette rode along with me and showed me the gloves that he likes. They're thin nylon with nitrile palm coating. They looked pretty cool. You can find them here:

http://www.krawlgear.com/store/catalog/ ... 247a59e73e

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Jim,

I looked at those gloves on the web site. They looked kinda' cool. Did they have a fabric back? At one time I tried a pair of gloves with a thin leather palm and fingers and a stretch fabric back. I didn't like them; too much dirt came in the back through the fabric.

Yes, it was a thin fabric back, kind of like leotard fabric. I imagine that a lot of dirt would sift in.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

I picked a pair of nitrile coated gloves at Lowe's a few weeks back after I discovered I did not have my leather gloves in the truck for an inspection. The glove is a yellowish cotton blend that has most of the hand part covered in nitrile. I think they cost around $3.

So far I have used them several times and they work fairly well with the camera.