Shaking my head again.

From the website of a local realtor.

An "inspection contingency" is always a good idea because it protects you as a buyer by allowing you to cancel closing on the deal if an inspector finds serious problems with the property. You will usually have the right to choose the inspector (and be responsible for paying for the inspections). You should consider inspections for structural soundness, insects, environmental hazards such as asbestos or radon gas, etc.

From the website of a local realtor.

An "inspection contingency" is always a good idea because it protects you as a buyer by allowing you to cancel closing on the deal if an inspector finds serious problems with the property. You will usually have the right to choose the inspector (and be responsible for paying for the inspections). You should consider inspections for structural soundness, insects, environmental hazards such as asbestos or radon gas, etc.

I think I'd have my lawyer call the reeltor and explain just how much there is to lose when a reeltor interferes with the client's rights/privileges, etc.

WJ

I agree with Les. Dennis's message is exactly right.

OTH, Dennis understands less about the real estate transaction model as anyone I've ever met in my life. He imagines we're the central role in the entire game, or something similar.

It's religion and ideology, not philosophy.

Hi John,

Kurt is right, Dennis goes at this whole us versus realtor thing like an evangelical minister after devil worshipers or the way the owner of that public relations firm that masquerades as a home inspectors organization is always attacking other associations.

There are a lot of good folks who're members of Dennis' group that aren't as outspoken against marketing to real estate folks as Dennis is. Before your time here, Dennis' organization had a private discussion forum on this site. The intent was to give his folks a private place to congregate online like the other organizations had. The problem was, every time one of the other orgs was mentioned out here on the open boards, Dennis would step out of the back room and denounce them for one thing or another and go on about his org. It got old really fast and he was asked to take his toys and go play elsewhere.

No hard feelings, it's just that we kind of liked things to be a little less org-centric here and it just wasn't a good fit.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike