Tremco roof

Danny Pritchard

I posted these pics a couple of months ago thinking this was a lightweight concrete roof.The response from the forum was that it is a urethane product.I went back to the house today and met the builder.He said this was a "Tremco roofing product" and a "Vulcrum roofing system".I went to the Tremco website but did not find anything that looked like this roof.Is anyone familiar these products?

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif Poorly sealed flat roof flashing.jpg

70.42 KB

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif Missing drip edge.jpg

56.38 KB

To my knowledge "Vulkem", is not a roofing system. One of their products is an elastomeric, aluminized coating that is applied over built-up roofing systems that have had major repairs or the ballast removed.

Another Vulkem product is for sealing ponds, pools, parapets and walk decks. It has a squeegee applied urethane basecoat topped with an elastomeric topcoat applied with a roller (not aluminized, but available in several colors).

Originally posted by Danny Pritchard

I posted these pics a couple of months ago thinking this was a lightweight concrete roof.The response from the forum was that it is a urethane product.I went back to the house today and met the builder.He said this was a "Tremco roofing product" and a "Vulcrum roofing system".I went to the Tremco website but did not find anything that looked like this roof.Is anyone familiar these products?

Vulcrum, Schmulcrum. Whatever the hell it is, it's installed wrong.

Put the bear on his back. Tell him to produce the installation instructions.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Jim brings up a great point. If it looks wrong it generally is and your photos show a deficient installation no matter what the material is. Leaks are leaks. Detect, describe, disclaim and defer. Your job is done. If the builder wants to warranty the installation tell your client to have him put it in writing. That generally shuts them up. It's a rare instance indeed when I let anyone other than my client or their agent steal my time. Stand behind your call. It is not our job to go wallow in the mud over these things.

Originally posted by Danny Pritchard

No one has questioned my original report.I was interested in finding out how this type roof should be installed.I found a site for Vulkem roofing systems but it didn't have installation instructions.

[:-dunce]OOOPS, I misunderstood your "meeting with the builder."

st