Hardi trim

John Dirks Jr

From what I understand is metal drip flashing is not required by the manufacturer or code as long as there is peel and stick flashing installed. There is no way to tell if there is peel and stick unless you are there during construction. But I would imagine that a leak would be apparent given the windows are not properly flashed. I’ve done several inspections where just the “street sideâ€

• 4 weeks later...
From what I understand is metal drip flashing is not required by the manufacturer or code as long as there is peel and stick flashing installed.

You're missing a section of the code where it basically states that flashing is required at all trim protrusions. I don't have the code in front of me right now, but I'll pull it up later. This has been covered on this site before, and may show up under a search.

So basically, if trim was installed first, with siding butted up against it, flashing is required. If trim was installed over the siding, it is not required as it is only decorative. I personally thing that not requiring flashing at all trim details is just plain dumb. Water ends up getting trapped behind the decorative trim and rotting out the siding, etc.