Protimeter Repair

Mike Lamb

Yeah,

You can send it to G.E. (Protimeter) and they'll repair it. The last time I called Protimeter, the guy on the phone quoted me $125.) I took it to a local TV repair shop. The place was full to the ceiling with 20-year old analog TV's that were broke and had a fog of cigarette smoke so thick that I could still smell it two days later. The guy took two minutes to figure it out and it cost me $10 to get a transformer wire soldered that had broken and was barely making contact.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Do they still have TV repair shops??

I can't remember when I saw one. I know they repair TV's, but I have had the Geek Squad come to the house 5 times to fix the 3 year old HDLP set. The last time they replaced the heart of the beast and told me the charge to me would have been over $1100 just for the parts if I did not have the extended warranty.

Remember when you could test and buy your own vacuum tubes at the local hardware store?

Maybe talk to the local computer repair shop if you can't find a TV repair shop.

How old is your Protimeter?

Mines goofy too, but it's about 18 years old, I figure it's shot.

18 years? You bought it when you were 12?

Mine is 2004. It works fine most of the time but sometimes I have to talk to it. The number for GE is 814-834-9140. They just moved from Mass. to Penn.

Kurt, about 10 years ago I inspected a house in Evanston. I had magnets with my company name and phone number and logo plastered all over my truck. The next door neighbor came out of his house and came over and talked to me. He asked me how business was, what sort of report was I using, etc. He told me he had the oldest and smallest home inspection business in Chicago. You may or may not remember.

Small world.

Sorry. I'm not sure what it is, probably some childhood trauma. I think even my clients are surprised if I smile. I'll have to ask my therapist.

It must be a Mike thing. Just about every day, someone says to me stuff like, "Smile, it can't all be bad," or "What happened? Lose your best friend?" or "Smile, tomorrow will be a better day," or other crap like that.

I just tell 'em, "Hey, don't blame me for this mug; my parents put it together." [:-grumpy]

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike