Have I ruined my gauge?

randynavarro

My glycerin-filled water pressure gauge has been outside in my van during this sub-freezing cold spell these last few days.

Rather than "0 PSI", the guage now starts at "60 PSI."

Will it return to zero in normal weather or do I need to get a new one?

I don't know. After reading your post, I went out to the car to check mine. It's been out there all week -- the last three days reached lows of 17 degrees, 14 degrees, & 14 degrees. The gauge is still fine. ??

- Jim Katen, Oregon

My glycerin-filled water pressure gauge has been outside in my van during this sub-freezing cold spell these last few days.

Rather than "0 PSI", the guage now starts at "60 PSI."

Will it return to zero in normal weather or do I need to get a new one?

I don't know. After reading your post, I went out to the car to check mine. It's been out there all week -- the last three days reached lows of 17 degrees, 14 degrees, & 14 degrees. The gauge is still fine. ??

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Thanks for nuthin' Jim. . .

If it's any consolation, all of my water bottles froze and I got thirsty this afternoon.

Oh crap. Thanks for saying that. I need to pull my water bottles out of my truck before they thaw, becuase I'm sure they're damaged.

I haven't been in the work truck all week. All of the sudden business dropped substantially. The next two days are the only one's I'm working.