Any opinions on Pro-Press fittings?

David Meiland

I've seen a presentation done by one of the local reps here.

Haven't come across any installations yet.

I guess it's like everything else there will be a learning curve.

Best thing for inspectors I guess is to get as much info from a local rep and maybe they can refer a contractor who is using the system and go see an installation in progress.

No,

He's talking about a Viega copper pipe system where the fittings come with a rubber seal preinstalled and when the pipe is assembled a pneumatic press tool is used to crimp the fittings to the pipe. No soldering involved. Go here.

The system can be used for potable, radiant or gas and they even have a stainless steel system.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

i saw a tee being installed on a 3" water service last week using the pro press method with water still drippin out the lines before it was installed,no leaks after fitting was installed.

no way that fitting could of been soldered with water in it,i was very impressed! [;)]

i saw a tee being installed on a 3" water service last week using the pro press method with water still drippin out the lines before it was installed,no leaks after fitting was installed.

no way that fitting could of been soldered with water in it,i was very impressed! [;)]

Jim, I sent a private PM a while ago but perhaps it got lost in the mail. Seeing as W.J. isn't around anymore I guess I'll pick up a bit of the slack.

Pick up a book on correct sentence structure. Folks will put a lot more stock in what you say if you're at least trying to make an effort at proper writing skills.

We're professionals.

Like I said in my reply to your message.

I tend to worry more about the quality of the work I do than how good of a wordsmith I am!

Personally id rather find an inspector or contractor who knows how to find problems and repair them correctly than a guy who spells really good ,but burns down or floods houses myself!

but Im working on it just for your peace of mind! [:-monkeyd

Like I said in my reply to your message.

I tend to worry more about the quality of the work I do than how good of a wordsmith I am!

Personally id rather find an inspector or contractor who knows how to find problems and repair them correctly than a guy who spells really good ,but burns down or floods houses myself!

but Im working on it just for your peace of mind! [:-monkeyd

My bad - I truly thought the PM didn't get to you but I see now that it did.

I'm sorry.