Biting my tongue.

Yesterday's home in what was otherwise a nice and well kept neighborhood. The photos are of the immediate neighbor's back yard and driveway.

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif 100504L041x.jpg

232.22 KB

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif 100504L042x.jpg

202.83 KB

He also has 4 more, un-tabbed junkers parked out front.

While my client was well aware of this, and we did discuss it somewhat, I had to hold back from actually saying "Why in the hell would you want to move into a home with this guy for a neighbor?". Not my job! There was nothing particularly special or charming (or updated) about the home I was inspecting, the asking price didn't seem like any bargain, and there's still plenty of other choices out there. I know that having to look at the crap everyday would drive me nuts and there's no way I would deliberately move next to it.

Oh well....different strokes for different folks!

Sorry to say but that looks alot like my Cousin's place. He is a border line hoarder. The city made him clean it up per neighbor complaints. Maybe your client could lodge a complaint with the municipality there as well?

You just got to wonder what motivates a home buyer sometimes?

... The city made him clean it up per neighbor complaints. Maybe your client could lodge a complaint with the municipality there as well?

Yeah, that was discussed. Trouble is that even if done anonymously, I'm sure the guy would suspect my client made the call. I'm not sure what would be worse...the mess or making an immediate enemy of your new neighbor.

Leave the guy alone. I've got one down the road from me.

Every time I need to get rid of something, I save $$$$ just by adding to his pile. LOL!

One of my neighbors was going to rat him out until I expained the convienience of having him in the neighborhood. Now he takes his junk there too.

Leave the guy alone. I've got one down the road from me.

Every time I need to get rid of something, I save $$$$ just by adding to his pile. LOL!

One of my neighbors was going to rat him out until I expained the convienience of having him in the neighborhood. Now he takes his junk there too.

That sir, is a damn good idea.

Or you could let your client know that the sneaky approach might be better, as in befriending the neighbor & calling the city.

I chose to use that approach myself once. Here's the story. I was renting an old vintage apartment and during the holiday season one year, my upstairs neighbor was hosting a kegger party. They posted signs in the hallways inviting the neighbors to join in, which of course was pretty nice and/or wise of them. It was on the same night as my company office party, so I really didn't think it would be a big deal.

After whooping it up at my party, I came home around 1:00 am to find the neighbors party in full swing. I was dead dog tired and all I wanted to do was call the cops and go to sleep. But I didn't want to be suspected as the grouch (or grinch) to bust up a party. So I called the cops. Went upstairs and said hello to the host. Grabbed a beer (for appearances only) and 10 minutes later was thrown out with the rest of the revelers when the police showed up. The perfect crime[:-paperba

While my client was well aware of this, and we did discuss it somewhat, I had to hold back from actually saying "Why in the hell would you want to move into a home with this guy for a neighbor?".
Each property I've owned has looked like a construction site for the first decade.

The plus side of having the crappiest house in nice areas is not needing any security system