Only Her Hairdresser Knows For Sure

This gunshot wound survivor story began making the rounds this morning. I got a chuckle out of it and thought I'd share it with you guys.

Linda Burnett, 23, a resident of San Diego, was visiting her in-laws and while there went to a nearby supermarket to pick up some groceries. Several people noticed her sitting in her car with the windows rolled up and with her eyes closed, with both hands behind the back of her head. One customer who had been at the store for a while became concerned and walked over to the car. He noticed that Linda's eyes were now open, and she looked very strange. He asked her if she was okay, and Linda replied that she had been shot in the back of the head, and had been holding her brains in for over an hour.

The man called the paramedics, who broke into the car because the doors were locked and Linda refused to remove her hands from her head. When they finally got in, they found that Linda had a wad of bread dough on the back of her head. A Pillsbury biscuit canister had exploded from the heat, making a loud noise that sounded like a gunshot, and the wad of dough hit her in the back of her head. When she reached back to find out what it was, she felt the dough and thought it was her brains. She initially passed out, but quickly recovered.

Linda is a Blondie, a Democrat, and an Obama supporter, but that could be just a coincidence.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

OK.........

This happened to me about 10 years ago. I bought some Pillsbury Dough Boy Grand Rounds Biscuits for a summer cookout. It was really hot that July, around 95 degF.

I'm driving along Chicago Ave., and I hear a very loud pop, with some significant impact to the back of my head. I reach back, feel the gooey dough, and for a brief moment, I'm pretty damn sure I've been shot and that I'm feeling my innards.

It took a few moments to realize what had happened. Damndest thing.

OK.........

This happened to me about 10 years ago. I bought some Pillsbury Dough Boy Grand Rounds Biscuits for a summer cookout. It was really hot that July, around 95 degF.

I'm driving along Chicago Ave., and I hear a very loud pop, with some significant impact to the back of my head. I reach back, feel the gooey dough, and for a brief moment, I'm pretty damn sure I've been shot and that I'm feeling my innards.

It took a few moments to realize what had happened. Damndest thing.

Kurt, the difference is, you had to look at your hand right away. [:)]

had to do something to ease my slow burn after reading the 'liberal and Obama supporter' dig at the end of the first post. Didn't I read somewhere that politics were a no-no on this board? Just thought I'd do my part to keep things, uh fair and balanced. cough, cough

Oh fer,

It's a funny story; it's not a political commentary. Whoever wrote it put his/her own little spin on it. So what? Jeez, if I'd know anyone would take that as political speech and get their panties in a knot, I would have posted a caution disclaimer first warning that the post contained speech that some folks in certain circles will misconstrue as politically incorrect speech.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

I'm sorry for the post Mike - you can delete if you like. The Irish flares up quickly unfortunately. The joke would have been funny without the dig however.

I, for one, have had it with most politicians. Seems they now run political campaign ads 365 days a year on TV. Their constant "shame on you" commercials are pathetic. Some study must say that these type of commercials are effective - confirms my suspicion that most Americans have the IQ of a fence post and enjoy "Reality Politics". [:-yuck]

It's easier for folks to form ideas around caricatures and misrepresented stereotypes than it is for folks to understand complexities of macroeconomics and intertwined social and civil issues.

Fox News wouldn't exist if it were otherwise.

It's easier for folks to form ideas around caricatures and misrepresented stereotypes than it is for folks to understand complexities of macroeconomics and intertwined social and civil issues.

That pretty much sums it up right there, but common folk can't understand it at all. I'm an inspector, not an economist, yet elected officials answering to hour by hour public opinion polls is what runs this country, which puts Joe Citizen practically in the driver's seat. The founding fathers couldn't have anticipated the advent and therefore the effects on government functioning of the electronic revolution.

Got a little Irish in me too.

Marc

Let's get back to the story.

I want to know if anyone ever got to eat one of these rolls before they made it home. There's nothing better than ripping the end off of a fresh hot loaf of Italian bread on the ride back to the house. Makes My mouth water, just thinking about it.

This gunshot wound survivor story began making the rounds this morning. I got a chuckle out of it and thought I'd share it with you guys.

Linda Burnett, 23, a resident of San Diego, was visiting her in-laws and while there went to a nearby supermarket to pick up some groceries. Several people noticed her sitting in her car with the windows rolled up and with her eyes closed, with both hands behind the back of her head. One customer who had been at the store for a while became concerned and walked over to the car. He noticed that Linda's eyes were now open, and she looked very strange. He asked her if she was okay, and Linda replied that she had been shot in the back of the head, and had been holding her brains in for over an hour.

The man called the paramedics, who broke into the car because the doors were locked and Linda refused to remove her hands from her head. When they finally got in, they found that Linda had a wad of bread dough on the back of her head. A Pillsbury biscuit canister had exploded from the heat, making a loud noise that sounded like a gunshot, and the wad of dough hit her in the back of her head. When she reached back to find out what it was, she felt the dough and thought it was her brains. She initially passed out, but quickly recovered.

Linda is a Blondie, a Democrat, and an Obama supporter, but that could be just a coincidence.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Actually, she cooks part time for Dick Cheney.

Back to hair...as I just had to give myself an emergency haircut due to being a dumb redhead!

I'm working on my back in the tight confines of my boat's chain locker, installing a new windlass and some other pointy end bits. I made this new heavy duty backing plate that I bedded with marine caulk. I had a minor issue and had to pull the windlass again and before I could get it back in the plate fell down. No harm...it landed gunkd side up on top of a tarp I had over the chain. I move it toward the bow to give me room to do a couple of things before securing it again. Then...I decide I need to wiggle further into the locker, forget about the plate, and stick my head right into the damn thing nicely embedding caulk all over my hair almost down to the scalp.

So...I now have shorter hair than I've had in some time and I will probably lose some more tomorrow when I get a barber to even out my handiwork.

One of those "I can't believe I just did that" moments!

Back to hair...as I just had to give myself an emergency haircut due to being a dumb redhead!

I'm working on my back in the tight confines of my boat's chain locker, installing a new windlass and some other pointy end bits. I made this new heavy duty backing plate that I bedded with marine caulk. I had a minor issue and had to pull the windlass again and before I could get it back in the plate fell down. No harm...it landed gunkd side up on top of a tarp I had over the chain. I move it toward the bow to give me room to do a couple of things before securing it again. Then...I decide I need to wiggle further into the locker, forget about the plate, and stick my head right into the damn thing nicely embedding caulk all over my hair almost down to the scalp.

So...I now have shorter hair than I've had in some time and I will probably lose some more tomorrow when I get a barber to even out my handiwork.

One of those "I can't believe I just did that" moments!

Hi Richard,

I feel ya; I had something similar happen the inspection before last. I was entering a crawlspace when I noticed a ring of rattraps and a glue trap near the entry point. It was a low crawl so getting through the tight hatch and maneuvering under the floor without getting snapped with tricky. Just as I tought I was successfully in, I discovered that there was another glue trap - under my right elbow.

Do you know much force it takes to pull one of those friggin things off of you once you've set your elbow in it?! Crap! I damn near wore myself out before I finally got that friggin thing off my elbow. Then I had to finish the crawl and every time I put my elbow down it would stick to the barrier and I had to fight to pry it loose without jerking the barrier out of position.

By the time I got done with that crawlspace I felt like I'd just been used as a tackling dummy by the Seahawks.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike