Furnace decoder that focuses on year only

cbass

I took the decoder posted on this site, found a couple more online, added some from my own experiences over time, compared them all, combined them and put together in this much shorter version that only focuses on year of manufacture. It's not near as detailed but its less for me to carry around. Im sure that it's not perfect , as its a work in progress (I have not run into all of these manufactures). If anyone has any additions, or sees anything incorrect let me know. I Just thought that some of you guys may be interested.

Download Attachment: icon_word.gif Furnace Age Chart.doc

53.16 KB

Hi,

Not sure where you got your info for Burnham boilers but today I had one of those. The control valved was marked for the 38th week of 1992 and the owner's manual printing date was Septemer 1992 and that corresponded with a permit on the wall for replacement of an electric boiler with a gas boiler.

The serial number was 17308660 and it obviously wasn't manufactured the 17th week of 1930.

I have a handwritten notation scribbed in the margin of the TIJ age chart I carry that says to call Burnham at 888-432-8887 to obtain delivery shipping dates. I remember calling them years ago. I don't remember the exact conversation but the note causes me to believe that there probably is no pattern to their serial number and one has to call. Anyone else got any feedback on that?

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Again,

Sorry to keep jamming things up, but I discovered today that the Coleman info is wrong. Johnson-Controls bought York and York bought Coleman in 1996 so one must use the York dating chart for any Coleman unit after '96. I've attached it.

Download Attachment: icon_adobe.gif YorkSerialNumberNomenclature.pdf

85.51 KB

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike