A White Squirrel at today's inspection!

Huh,

Can't figure out what happened with my previous post. Those are supposed to be embedded images but all I'm seeing is the code. Is anyone actually seeing the comic strips or is everyone now seeing the code?

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

The comic was up earlier, now its gone.

I've got grays, reds, and a few blacks.

My personal war is with the cute little striped rats that have chewed two holes through the concrete floor in my garage. You might know them as Chipmunks.

One year, the ground bees that look like shiny bumble bees, used one of the tunnels for a nest. They eventually found the inside of the garage.

Ever see a red squirrel eat spaghetti?

Click to Enlarge
tn_2010114165613_053.jpg

93.25 KB

You eat 'em?

Nope, I stop them from gnawing holes through my house. Actually, I only shoot the red ones; they're pernicious and too small to bother frying.

That's interesting. You guys hate red squirrels. In my neck o the woods, they would never dream of coming anywhere near the house, unless it was enroute to the next tree.

You eat 'em?

Nope, I stop them from gnawing holes through my house. Actually, I only shoot the red ones; they're pernicious and too small to bother frying.

That's interesting. You guys hate red squirrels. In my neck o the woods, they would never dream of coming anywhere near the house, unless it was enroute to the next tree.

John, do you deer hunt? Red squirrels, and Blue Jays, will rat you out. They warn every friggin animal within ear shot.

That's why I hate them.

New York State hates them too. There's no season on red squirrels.

There is on grays.

About 15 years ago I had a home with a large tree rat population. I ignored them until they chewed a hole through my soffitt and one of them fell into an inaccessible area above a half bath. Inaccessible to humans, anyway. The squirrel proceeded to expire there, and the odor seeping through the exhaust vent in the ceiling became too strong to bear. I duct-taped over the opening and waited for nature to take its course. I forget how long it took, but I came home to find a scene reminiscent of one in "The Amityville Horror" where there are quadzillions of flies inside the room trying to get out.

I then took to reducing the surplus rodent population via a pellet rifle. My neighbor was an elderly lady who was a huge bird watcher/feeder and I was afraid to let her see what I was doing. One day I was slipping around the corner on my deck and lining up a shot. As soon as I was through, I realized she had seen me. I thought all hell was going to break loose when I saw her cup her hands around her mouth to yell. To my surprise, she said "Hey! Can you kill mine too?"

About 15 years ago I had a home with a large tree rat population. I ignored them until they chewed a hole through my soffitt and one of them fell into an inaccessible area above a half bath. Inaccessible to humans, anyway. The squirrel proceeded to expire there, and the odor seeping through the exhaust vent in the ceiling became too strong to bear. I duct-taped over the opening and waited for nature to take its course. I forget how long it took, but I came home to find a scene reminiscent of one in "The Amityville Horror" where there are quadzillions of flies inside the room trying to get out.

I then took to reducing the surplus rodent population via a pellet rifle. My neighbor was an elderly lady who was a huge bird watcher/feeder and I was afraid to let her see what I was doing. One day I was slipping around the corner on my deck and lining up a shot. As soon as I was through, I realized she had seen me. I thought all hell was going to break loose when I saw her cup her hands around her mouth to yell. To my surprise, she said "Hey! Can you kill mine too?"

And like a good neighbor,.....