2 wire, armored cable, possibly aluminum?

sodonnell

I have been going through posts both here and on other sites and cannot find an answer to the question that i have. I ran into this the other day: while installing lights in an older home ( probably mid 60's) I was confronted with a 2 wire metal or armor sheathed cable, ran everywhere in the house. At first i thought that the wire was aluminum, then I realized that it couldn't be because I can't remember ever seeing aluminum wire in armor. Now I am going to see if I can get the lady to let me come back because I fear I may ahve been wrong and it is aluminum, better safe than sorry. Has anyone had experience with this type of wire? ever seen it?

thats what I am thinking. I guess experience played with my mind on this one, having never seen 2 wire aluminum I assumed it was tinned copper, but didn't really look at it to be sure. I think I will go back and make sure. I just wanted to se if anyone had seen this before. Thanks